Broadphase now added...

Wednesday 23 January 2008 | Labels: , | |

I was a little skeptical about broadphase with tightly packed bodies. After some playing around with Sweep&Sort I came up with a very efficient version that Actionscript likes. I also implemented my own inline Insertion Sort on the shape list to take advantage of spacial coherence (anybody know that the built in AS3 Array sort algorithm is?).

Result? A bump to 425 bodies - not all that stable sometimes. The stack just disintegrates at various points sometimes - I'll have to take a look, maybe bump up the iterations of the solver...

Find it here: http://home.planet.nl/~borst595/pEngineStressDemo.swf

or through the link at the bottom of the main page:

http://home.planet.nl/~borst595/pEngine.html

Now I really need to start fixing stuff for a release rather than seeing how fast I can make it....

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    Nike Air Range costs $99.00 for a couple of integrated actively playing golf shoes.
    It is the specific cut that defines the way diamonds reflects under the source of light.
    The worry is a true response, but experience to identify
    so what it is customers are afraid of. Think of a nike swoosh and simply the Toyota ticker.
    http://autismforsocialnetwork2.speedysarcade.net/JaimeHeil

  2. Anonymous says:

    It's fascinating how you made it that far with this pEngine; i really like the whole concept and idea of it.
    the Chipmunk engine is just way beyond physics, it's hard for me to replicate that in AS3...
    so am wishing you can give me something to rely on. or just make an AS3 type of the pEngine, and yeah i know that glaze is the latest release; but i just want something initial something not that hard coded.
    heres my mail : y200corp@yahoo.fr
    send me your skype or fb, thanks;
    hope we can advance in something new together.
    take care